Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken Vinaigrette

For the first time, I'm going to write about a recipe that I didn't like.  I'm going to share it because I think it can easily be improved.  I'll try some imrpovements next time and let you know how well they worked (or didn't work, whichever the case may be.)

The biggest problem with this recipe is that the potatoes didn't cook enough and the rest was overdone.  Next time, I'll either leave out the potatoes or cook them separately.  I was also lacking a few ingredients, so the flavor wasn't as full as it should have been.  That's another problem easily solved (ie, don't be lazy and go to the store to buy all of the ingredients :-)

Here is the recipe.  Try it and send some suggestions as how to improve it.  Thanks!



CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
black pepper to taste
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 medium carrots, sliced
4 medium red potatoes, halved (I didn't have red potatoes, so I used Russet potatoes cut in small pieces)
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (I used 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon low sodium chicken bouillon granules
pinch of dried thyme
1/2 cup sweet red peppers, julienned (I left out the peppers completely)
1/2 cup sweet yellow peppers, julienned
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)



Preparation:
In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.  Sprinkle with pepper.  Remove and keep warm.  In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender.  Stir in the carrots, potatoes, water and seasonings; top with chicken.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Stir in additional water if needed.  Add peppers and green onions.  Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.  Stir in vinegar; heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment