Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken and Noodles

This is one of those recipes that I like because it's easy to make.  It's yummy too, which is why I continue to serve this dish.  It's easily adapted to your own taste as well.  Plus you can serve this as a complete meal because it has meat, vegetables, and pasta in it.  I usually serve it with a green salad and fruit salad for some variety.



CHICKEN & NOODLES

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups frozen vegetable mix, thawed (I used green beans)
16 oz egg noodles or pasta (I used rotini)

Preparation:
In medium skillet, saute chicken pieces in 2 tablespoons vinegar or oil until browned.  (I prefer to use vinegar to lower the fat content.) Remove from skillet and keep warm.  Insame skillet, heat broth, seasonings, and vegetables.  Bring to boil and stir in noodles/pasta.  Cook for 2 minutes and add chicken.  Reduce heat to low.  Cover an simmer for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment