Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bruscetta

Another dish that I prepared while I hosted my friends for bunco was Bruscetta.  They told me that it was delicious.  It was the first time that I had ever made bruscetta, so I was proud.  :-)

I had been craving bruscetta for awhile, and it seemed that no restaurants made bruscetta the way I like it.  So, I had to make my own.

I thought the bruscetta was really tasty.  I would, however, change one thing the next time I make it.  That would be to add capers... because I love capers!  If you don't love capers, then prepare the recipe as is.



BRUSCETTA
Ingredients:
6 plum tomatoes, diced
3 cloves minced garlic (I use the jarred, pre-minced kind)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil (I rarely if ever have fresh basil, so I used 2 teaspoons of dried basil)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper


Preparation:
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients.  Refrigerate overnight (minimum 2 hours).  Serve with toasted thick-sliced bread.  Top with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

1 comment:

  1. I recently made this and mixed the bruscetta with 8 ounces of cooked linguini. I loved it; and so did my cousin who asked me for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete