Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stuffed Green Peppers

I'm always looking for new ways to serve ground beef because I feel like I'm always eating burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.  They're good but they get boring after awhile even if you use different seasonings with them.  Stuffing meat inside other food seems to be a specialty of the Polish people (of which I am a member).  I have already posted a kolacky recipe, so now it's time to stuff peppers with meat instead of dough.  In the future, I will make a recipe called Golabki, more commonly known as stuffed cabbage rolls.  So you have that to look forward to.

Unfortunately, I don't have photos to go with the recipe because my camera batteries died.  I'll post the pictures next time I make it.

Enjoy!



STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

Ingredients:
4 large green peppers
1 pound ground meat
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 can (14 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup long grain rice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano



Preparation:
Halve peppers lenthwise and remove insides.  Boil for 3 minutes and drain.  In skillet, brown meat and onion; drain.  Stir in tomatoes, water, rice, Worcestershire, basil, and oregano.  Bring to boil and reduce heat.  Simmer covered for 15 minutes.  Place peppers in large baking dish and fill with meat.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.  Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment