Saturday, March 17, 2012

Zippy Pasta with Meatballs

I wanted to make meatballs the other day, but plain meatballs seemed so boring.  I have a recipe called "Zippy Ground Beef Skillet", and I thought I would substitute meatballs for cooked ground beef in the recipe.  Turns out, I liked this version of the recipe better.  I'm not sure how my family felt about it because they rarely respond with anything except, "It's good" or "It needs salt."

I thought it was pretty easy to make, but it is slightly more complicated than making just ground beef.  I think it's worth the extra effort.



ZIPPY PASTA WITH MEATBALLS

Meatballs:
Ingredients:
1 pound ground meat
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons salt free ketchup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1/4 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:
In bowl, combine ingredients and form 1 in balls.  Bake uncovered in greased dish at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.



While the meatballs are baking, prepare the pasta.
Ingredients:
8 ounces uncooked small pasta of your choice
1 can (4oz) diced green chilis
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup low fat sour cream

Preparation:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  In small bowl, combine sour cream, chilis and chili powder. 

Combine pasta and sour cream mixture. 

Pour pasta over cooked meatballs and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment