Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken Pomodoro

I enjoy eating Chicken Pomodoro at restaurants, so I looked for a recipe that was easy enough for me to make.  I prefer not to let my lack of culinary skills impede my eating delicious food. 

This is a simple and quick recipe.  It's perfect if you've had a bad day and need to get out a little aggression because you pound the chicken breasts thin.

This recipe goes well with almost any side dishes: rice, pasta, potatoes, vegetables, salad, and fruit.  I love tomatoes, so I used more than what the recipe called for and had plenty leftover.  I just threw the extra into some soup.  No food goes to waste at my house.

CHICKEN POMODORO

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, pounded thin.
1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (fresh is best, but canned works too)
2 tablespoons cream or milk
 1/3 cup green onions, chopped

Preparation:
Place chicken breasts in plastic zip bag and pound thin using mallet. 

Put flour and pepper in plastic bag with chicken and shake until coated.

Saute chicken in oil until browned.  Add broth and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes.  Remove chicken and place on serving dish.  Add tomatoes and cream to broth & juice.  Heat through.  Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment