Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf

Quite frankly, I don't care too much for turkey meat.  To me the flavor isn't that rich, so when I do eat turkey, I tend to add lots of seasonings.  I especially enjoy the flavors in taco seasoning, so I add it to my turkey meatloaf.  I find that it adds just the right amount of flavor to enhance the turkey.

I also add some shredded cheese to the meatloaf since the turkey has less fat, you can add some cheese.  I try to find low fat, low sodium cheese.  It's hard to find, but I'll use the regular stuff if that's all I have.  I prefer to use the Taco flavored cheese or Mexican blend of cheese.

You can serve the meatloaf with salsa instead of ketchup if you'd like more Mexican flair with your meal.  I didn't have any in the house this time so that'll be for next time.

TURKEY MEATLOAF

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup finely chopped or minced onion
1 tablespoon salt free ketchup
1 teaspoon Auntie Jean's Low Sodium Taco Blend*
1/4 cup low fat, low sodium shredded cheese

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients using hands until well blended.  Place mixture in loaf pan and top with ketchup or salsa if desired.  Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.


*If you'd like to order some Auntie Jean's Low Sodium Taco Blend, please email me at: auntiejeans@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment