Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ranch Meatloaf

I'm always looking for different versions of classic recipes.  This is one I made up myself by combining elements of other meatloaf recipes that I liked.  I love Ranch dressing, and I believe that it makes almost everything (savory) taste better.  This recipe uses Ranch seasoning, and you can serve Ranch dressing instead of ketchup with this version.

I'm including recipes for both the meatloaf and dressing.  I think you'll be surprised at how tasty the low fat version of Ranch dressing is.  It's certainly not the same as regular Ranch dressing, but you can have a fat free dressing that is much better for you than 9 grams (yikes) of fat per serving.

RANCH MEATLOAF
Ingredients:
1 pound ground meat
1/4 cup chopped onions
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Auntie Jean's Low Sodium Ranch Blend*
1/2 cup bread crumbs, oats, or Matzo Meal.  (I prefer Matzo Meal)
1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup salt free ketchup
1/4 cup water (if necessary)

Preparation:

In large bowl, combine ingredients and mix well. 

Place in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


RANCH DRESSING
Ingredients:
1 cup low fat mayonnaise / low fat yogurt (I prefer to use fat free yogurt)
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon Auntie Jean's Low Sodium Ranch Blend*
1 tablespoon vinegar

Preparation:
In a small bowl, combine mayo/ yogurt, milk, and seasoning.  Then add vinegar and mix well.  Store in a covered container in refrigerator.

*Please email me at: auntiejeans@yahoo.com if you would like to order some Auntie Jean's Low Sodium Ranch Seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment