Monday, December 5, 2011

Lemon Pepper Pork Chops

As I have mentioned before, while growing up, I wasn't exposed to a great variety of foods.  My mom wasn't fond of pork, so the only time I had it was if I was dining at a friend's house.  That almost never happened because my mom thought it was rude to dine with other families.  She told me that dinner was a family meal and I wasn't allowed to eat dinner with them.  I remember one time my friend's mother called my mom and practically had to beg her to let me stay for dinner.  To this day, I still don't understand my mom's rule.

That being said, whenever I had the opportunity to try pork, I didn't like it.  I think that is because it is difficult to cook it correctly.  I am still working on that myself.  The pork chops or roast usually turn out dry and overcooked.  I have asked several people who cook pork why this is and I can't get a definite answer.  I am not one to be deterred by failure; I simply keep trying to get it right.

I found a pork chop recipe that I like and the pork turns out moist.  Even my mother likes it, so I'll call it a success.  It's simple to make.  The most difficult task for me is unwrapping the chops from the foil.  If you can master that, you'll find this a piece of cake.

I like the lemon pepper and garlic.  I suppose that you can change the spices to your liking.  Enjoy!


LEMON PEPPER PORK CHOPS

Ingredients

  • 4 pork chops
  • 1 tablespoon Auntie Jean’s Low Sodium Lemon Pepper Blend
  • 8 teaspoons butter
  • 8 teaspoons olive oil
  • 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1.     Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2.     Tear off a generous square of tin foil for each chop, enough to wrap and seal completely. Coat both sides of each chop with lemon pepper.

3.     Put 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil in the middle of each square of tin foil. Put the peppered chops on top of the butter and oil. Put 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil on top of each chop. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce over the top of each chop. Wrap each chop tightly and place on middle rack of oven. Bake for 35 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment