Monday, November 7, 2011

Mexican Grilled Chicken

The other day, I was looking for a quick and easy dinner.  I found a new recipe and decided to try it; turns out it was delcious too.  Mexican Grilled Chicken was so easy to make.  I must confess that I don't know how to grill so I opted to bake the chicken in the oven.

Having high blood pressure, my doctor recommends getting plenty of potassium in my diet, soI'm alwys looking for dishes where I can add a little.  I think next time I make this, I'll add a few diced potatoes.

Here is the recipe.  Try it and let me know what you think.


MEXICAN GRILLED CHICKEN

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons Auntie Jean’s Low Sodium Taco Blend
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1.     In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lime juice and taco seasoning until smooth. Place chicken on grill over medium coals. Sear one side; turn and brush with sauce. Grill, uncovered, for 6 minutes; turn and brush with sauce. Grill another 6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

2.     If you prefer baking to grilling, place chicken in greased baking dish and cover with sauce.  Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment